Sunday, June 30, 2013

They've Got it Backwards


I've been meaning to write for some time, but with all the community hubbub and personal time being cut short, it's been rough. I also am used to not speaking up about anything because of my business. You learn that you can be an easy target and whatever you say can be misconstrued and used against you and your business, no matter how you meant it. So, I am finally speaking my 2 cents for what it's worth.


First of all, I don't like bullies. They have jumped on the judgemental bandwagon on an attack mission, even though they have no idea what they are talking about or who the people are who've been unfortunately involved. At one point, I yelled at Hubby that it was unfair. These are the same people that believe everything they see on TV. They don't ask questions. They don't think. They refuse logic and common sense. They certainly can't see living a lifestyle other than their own. There is no tolerance. It's sad and unfair and makes me hate dumb people.


Secondly, they've got it all wrong. Mind you, this is my own opinion so don't hate me for saying this as I am just as guilty as the next person. We are products of our parents. How they raised us has a huge impact on how we raise our own children. But what if it's backwards? Excuse me while I postulate the possibility that we aren't meant to spank our children or set them in a corner. What child of that age has the capacity to understand those particular disciplines? Think about what emotions and thought processes you experience as you endure them? A child certainly doesn't understand anything that complex. So why do we equate spanking with a punishment meant for children? As I said, I am guilty of this. I have swatted my children for misbehaving. I don't do it anymore mind you. I have found other means of discipline that suit their individual personalities and it doesn't include physical punishments. It's not because I don't believe in it. It's because my kids don't respond to it. It doesn't carry any weight or meaning for them.

Booooo!
This particular thought process was brought about by watching the interview with the ugly hag that wrote the article. At one point she said that the problem was infantilizing women. I don't know about you, but I don't feel infantilized. This of course made me think of being treated like a child, which in turn made me think of traditional child rearing. While she meant that we are treated as though we can't make our own rules, we can't make our own choices, that we need a husband to beat that into us. She's completely ignorant. She's a media slimeball. As much as I stomp and whine loudly that what she did was unfair, it won't stop her and people like her from doing it again.


And I don't know about you, but I can say with utmost certainty that I am not abused. How about you?

Big (((hugs))) to you and yours, and to all we have loved and lost through this travesty.

6 comments:

  1. Those who stir the crap pot should have to lick their own spoon!! What goes around comes around. Just wish I could be there when it comes back,around to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do indeed have it all backwards....we were all there once I would imagine. I know I was. I was appalled by dd at first. Lol they are the ones missing out. ;) btw, I watched Princess Bride this week (one of my faves) hubby had never seen it...and I was totally thinking about you! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, LM. I hope your limited personal time is because business is hopping. Busy business is a good thing.

    Backwards! Ha! Ya think? Lol! The two are entirely different and shouldn't even be compared by anyone. Apples and oranges.

    I'm glad to see so many still supporting each other, despite differing opinions about how to handle the fallout. We all know how elevated emotions in a vulnerable situation can result in heated discussions...

    ;-) Hugs,

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi LM

    They certainly do have it backwards, and as Irishey said, the two are entirely different. There is no comparison. I think unless you live this lifestyle you can't possible 'get it' and understand the benefits of it. It's human nature to attack what we don't understand.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this lifestyle is great and I don't care what anyone says, you can't possibly understand tttwd unless you have tried it so...... someone take the naysayers in hand for a bit.
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen!!! BTW, my child didn't respond to swats either. I remember when she was 4, she turned her butt around to me and said "ok, get it over with." I don't think I did a very good job with spanking, because I was afraid of spanking too hard. Corner time wasn't so good either, as a few times she yelled "you can't make me stay here." She turned out wonderful. We just found out that restriction from certain things did so much better with her. My husband was more bark than bite, or he would tell me what she did and expect me to do something. He is sort of that way with me. He just doesn't like to punish. He's slowly getting better at consistancy, but very slowly. He is doing it for me. That's why that article is just out in left field. God bless you and all you love, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete